You’ll be a great addition! Come grow with us.
Portland’s best locally-owned, independent, pet store, is looking for great people to join our team.
- You’ll interact with a great cross section of Portland’s diverse personalities. Everybody has pets, and they all shop here!
- You’ll have growth
potential. That doesn’t always mean moving into leadership positions, but often involves creating or participating in a new program, or taking on new responsibilities.
- You’ll be challenged. We’re always trying to find better ways to do things. That means we experiment, change direction, roll out ideas to see if they’ll work, and rolling them back if they don’t. Things aren’t usually stagnant here.
- You’ll learn constantly. There is lots of education about animals and their supplies, but also life and professional skills. We’ll teach you about dog food one day, and, if you’re interested, personal finance or email marketing the next.
- You’ll have opportunity to take on projects. New things are happening all the time just waiting for the right person to get the job done.
- Your autonomy will be celebrated. We really prefer to lay out what needs to be done and let you take it from there. The more you are able to get things done on your own, the more we leave you alone. You’ll get plenty of direction, but we love not having to double check.
- You’ll get feedback. You’ll know what you are doing great on and what you can work on. You won’t have to wonder, and you won’t be caught off guard.
- You’ll make a difference in your community. We work hard to help our customers give better lives to their animals. We also work hard to support local rescues and nonprofits. We have regular fundraising events, and we offer paid time off to volunteer.
- You’ll make a decent living. We start at $11 and go up depending on experience and personality. You can get a raise every six months or if you take on new responsibility.
- You’ll be able to take care of yourself. We pay for 70% of your full coverage Kaiser health care for Full Time employees, give you a hand with things like gym memberships, and supplement your choice to ride a bike, ride the bus, or run to work.
- You’ll be able to take vacations. We offer paid time off, and the longer you’re here the more you get.
- You’ll be able to take great care of your pets. We have a great employee discount to help you make pet care choices based on the quality of the product rather than the price tag.
- Basically, you’ll get as much as you put in. Want to work together? See below for details.
We need you to have:
- An outgoing, welcoming personality.
- Lots of hustle and energy.
- Fantastic communication skills.
- Enthusiasm about working with the public.
- Desire for constant growth & improvement.
- A strong ability to prioritize and make decisions.
- The ability to lift and move up to 50# consistently.
- The ability to work for 8+ hours a day.
- A willingness to pull shifts in all departments.
- A flexible schedule.
- Warehouse and/or freight skills are a plus!
- Animal husbandry skills/experience are a plus!
- Fresh and saltwater fish skills are a HUGE plus!
- Pets on Broadway is an equal opportunity employer.
- This position will involve working nights and weekends.
How to Apply:
- Put together a resume and cover letter outlining why you want to work here and what you can bring to the table. Please specifically address your experience with household pets and/or other animals.
- Email them to “jobs ( at ) petsonbroadway ( dot ) com” with the documents both in the body of the email and as attachments.
- The subject must read “This is why I rock!”
- Only applicants who follow these guidelines will be considered.
- Starting at $12/hour, movin’ on up based on experience/attitude.
If we think you might be a good fit, we’ll be in touch ASAP.
Please – no phone calls or drop-ins to the store about the position.
We look forward to hearing from you!